Thread: 500BB
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: 500BB

i hear all the math about how a downswing cant go longer than X BB's before it must be concluded that you are a loser but i dont buy it - that said i generally agree with gris that once a downswing gets over say 300BB's playing short handed you must start looking at the possibility that your playing bad

perhaps you should cut down the number of tables you play or drop down and crush the new 3/6 game ? (i am dieing for someone to take thier money as the manner in which they play offends me) - i think you need to do something to make it different, to make you start to get back to the basics and have a platform to relaunch the attack

as someone who hasnt quite hit the 400BB mark in a lengthy career of short handed i feel unworthy of giving you advice - but - i can say that i know 2 other players who have hit 400BB downswings who were both undoubtably winning short handed players - if memory serves el diablo reported a 380BB downswing playing 10/20 6 max and apparently he is a poker god - 500BB's is special but not more than 1 further crappy session from what any winning player will experience

if i was you i would suck up that pain and anguish and remember how this will feel in a few weeks time - when you do recover that short term investment imagine the unlikelyhood of what it would take to ever trouble you again happening - part of me is envious

stripsqueez - chickenhawk