View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Hand I remembered vs Doug Lee in turning stone 2k event

For those of you who dont know, Doug Lee is this terrible LAG player who won a WSOP curcuit event. He was raising/reraising with total crap all day, and making a lot of donkey plays. Over all he was playing poorly and getting it in with the worst of it, but he caught a couple of monsters and is sitting on a pretty big stack. I have noticed he likes taking really long pauses to make it look like he is thinking with monsters.
I havent showed down a hand yet, picked up a couple of small pots with cont bets and the like, been overall really quiet. My stack is around the starting amount (and ~avg too)
I have played with Doug in earlier events at Turning Stone, and usually was one of the only players standing up to him, so he has a decent amount of respect for me as I have taken a bunch of pots away from him.
Hero (2800)
Doug (7000)
(Blinds 50/100)
I get JJ in early position and raise it up to 300, folded to Doug in the BB and he makes it 900, he has been coming over the top a lot, I think, think and call.
Flop: 7 4 2 rainbow
Doug pauses, counts his stack, pauses, then fires out 1500 essentially puting me all in, I fold face up (only so he shows me his hand, which he will).

I got a lot of heat for this from my friends that I was there with, I will go through my thought process later.