View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: easy kk fold??? 3 to 1 on my money

[ QUOTE ]
You're leaving a lot of info out about why you think he has aces before you even looked at your hand. He raised 6x... was this out of the norm? Did he normally limp with Kings? I've seen 1 or 2 people who NEVER raise unless its aces or kings. If its not those guys... I don't see how you can put him on one and only one hand when all he's done is open the betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was a feeling at first then the push sealed it for me that he had aa, tight player hasnt been out of line at all. tight. i raise to find out where im at pf.......

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the biggie... how can your raise to $75... then fold to $75 more, especially since you're certain UTG has aces? Think of it...

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasnt a fold to 75 more it was a fold of 150 more. mp3 pushed with 550, so i put 75 main and 75 side. calling this had 0 EV because i cant make anything more then i have i can only lose the money i still have in front of me (with the given side pot) now yes i have the chance to scoop or dump the main pot which is what i thought about and i just didnt like it with the given odds if my hands that i thought others had were ball park. think about all this this way. 0 in the pot. you have aa your opponent has aa he pushes for same amount you have and your not invested in the pot, (hypothetical no blind game) also you see he has aa. all you can do is suck out get sucked out on or break even. same idea here. me being ahead of mp3 does nothing for me with my stack size because of the amount that has to go into the side pot. i know im ahead but IF i beat him i only get back what i had in front of me. with a small chance to scoop and a small chance to get sucked out on. i decided to stick with the fold and not risk the chips.... also why pump up the good player 75 more and let the donk lose 75 more id rather have him have more money and get in with him later

if my read was wrong i kick myself in the rear and say keep working on your reads and just play kk for all my chips everytime pf..... like i have so many times in the past knowing someone had aa but i couldnt release kk

i do like your thinking about the hand though. the chance to win it all or lose the little left may be a good shot here. guess i just didnt want to risk it. thanks for the post