Thread: DERB Wanna Be
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: $5 PokerStars Transfer!

[ QUOTE ]
That's right! A whole $5 will be transferred to your PokerStars account!!!

To the first person who can tell me where this quote comes from:

"Education in poker theory reduces one's susceptibility to illusions which can interfere with good play."

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a quote from Gary Carson.

I'm not falling for illusions, I am playing the players by playing 1 table and paying attention to who can be worked over and who can't.

I've posted numerous times on here that I don't like playing online and haven't been until recently. I was playing 3 tables (2/4) and was having trouble pulling 1.5BB's per 100 hands.

This afternoon, I ran against a guy at my table who was playing DERB's style and ran $80 up to over $200. I had to leave to run errands when he was at $110 & returned when he was at $220

I had been thinking about all the talk on 2+2 about DERB while I was out, as this guy's style seemed a lot like DERB's. So, I decided to come back and play the top 40% of the hands, when my position and/or who was in the hand allowed it.

I re-bought twice before things rolled. I am now up almost $400.00 since 4:30 pm EST.
I had to go out with my wife & p/u a new t.v. and fix dinner. I have won $160 since 7:30 pm. Playing 1 table, seeing 35% of the flops and winning over 20% of the hands that are dealt to me. That's over 300 hands. It's not just an illusion. I probably won't run this good forever, however, I'll never run this good playing 3 tables.