View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: At Party: January 2005 sign-ups, less than 30% still play there(+

[ QUOTE ]
I am using the term fish and pro in the generally accepted convention of indicating unprofitable and profitable players. And of course one could move from one category to the other.

Anyway, there is always an equilibrium between unprofitable player / profitable players / house. The fish contribute to the other two. The fish are the driving force behind it all. A steadily decreasing supply of fish will yield a steadily decreasing number of pros and smaller take for the house.

Growth rate of the online poker industry is directly proportional to the amount of fish in the system. Hi growth = good fish supply. Decreasing growth = diminishing fish supply. Stable growth = stable fish supply. Of importance here is that we have been through a prolonged period of rapid growth. There has been an escalation in the supply of fish and the the resulting supply of profitable players. Once the growth rate starts to fall (and the news from Party seems to indicate this) we will see a decrease in the fish supply and thus a decrease in profitable players.

So for all you folks who thought you might make a living multitabling the 3-6 games, you may want to reevaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your use of the word growth confuses me. For insatnce you could have high but decreasing growth, you can have stable but low growth, and you can have actual decreases (negative growth I suppose) which you don't cover at all.

--Zetack