View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Gaming Club WSOP Challenge Week 3

[ QUOTE ]
Any danger of losing more to your bankroll than it would have cost just to buy in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it *fingers crossed*. I'm down about $800 and almost halfway home, so if the downtrend continues the same way I might lose about $1800 total.

I have a hard time believing that the cards can continue to run bad for another 70,000 hands though. I'm still expecting things to turn around and show a slight profit. People can only hit their 2,3, and 4 outers against me for so long before it catches up to them.

In the middle of such a large downturn, it's easy to be riddled with self doubt. I've certainly been spending some sleepless nights trying to figure out what's wrong. But when I review the data, it's things like Session X - played 70 hands and won 0 ;lost 20 BB with KK, AJo, 99, AKs, AQ and assorted blinds. Session Y - lost a buy in at NL when putting someone all in and they hit their two outer on the river. I'm just not seeing much on my part that indicates that I'm playing badly, just getting bad results.

In a way, I think that this swing is a test of character and will. It's hard to slam your stack all in when you've been losing for several days even though you know that you're way ahead in the hand; you just start envisioning how they are going to hit their flush draw instead of focusing on the fact that you are getting your money in as a 2-1 favorite.

But I'm a Klingon. I'm not about to back down and start playing weak passive losing BS poker. I have to keep pushing and trust that probability will take care of the card distribution. That's not to say that I'm ignoring the possibility that I have some leaks; I keep reviewing every day to see what went right/wrong on PT. But
</hthe end I have to play the same tight aggressive game that built up my bankroll in the first place.

Qapla,

Shauna