View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Betting hard at a good draw on the turn

Thanks for the comments guys. I quite liked the hand, but wanted some opinions on it. I was curious whether anyone would say that I was over-valuing the draws that I had.

If both were good, then there really is no debate: jam this pot all day, and twice on Sundays. Results are below: it turns out that the flush draw was a road to nowhere. My actual equity on the turn was right about 30%, and so the 3-bet was ever so slightly -ve EV. If I were up against strong players, I'd tend to be more cautious, since the straight or flush draw might be no good, but against the usuals, I'll still jam this.

(for some reason, the converter think the button is in the hand)
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Results below:
BB has 6s 3h (two pair, sixes and threes).
MP1 has Tc Kc (one pair, tens).
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: BB wins 17 BB.

Last post of this year. I'm going out to drink until I can't feel feelings. A Happy New Year to everyone at 2+2.