View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 10:27 PM

Default The bonus requirement

When I first started playing, I think PokerRoom was the 2nd site that I played. I remember that the bonus was impossible to clear at .25/50. So...I went over to peek at the bonus requirements to see if they have changed at all. They haven't. Pretty much if you don't play at least $1/2, don't bother. So, here's a quick FYI regarding the requirements for the bonus:

For every 7 player points you earn, you earn $1 of the bonus. i.e. you need 1400 player points to clear the full $200 bonus.

You earn a player point for every hand where the rake is $1 or more. You earn .5 point for every hand where the rake is less that $1 but greater than $.50.

PokerRoom's rake is basically straight 5% for games from .50/1 to $1/2. So what you're looking at here is you will earn $1.00 in bonus cash for every 7 hands where the pot reaches $20 and $1.00 for every 14 hands where the pot is between $10 and $20.

Basically, if you play .25/50, good luck clearing this bonus in your lifetime. I haven't taken the time to calculate approx. how many hands a .50/1 player will have to see to get the full bonus, but I'm guessing even 4-tablers would need to put in a TON of hours to clear this within the 60-day time limit.