View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Bias

[ QUOTE ]
Bowling for Columbine --- the central question asked in the movie is Why does America have higher rates of gun violence than other (similarly situated) countries? The answer Moore suggests might be total crap, and the evidence he provides for that answer might be false, but the question itself (in my opinion) is a good one and we can use Moore's biased work to help frame a discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't seen it. Refuse to see it. Won't put any money in his pocket, and also don't want to put myself through two hours of being aggravated...primarily the latter.

But my thoughts on this topic: The amount of gun violence is irrelevant. People that want to commit violent acts will use what is available to them. We have more guns than are available in some other places so that's what is used here.

What should be measured is the amount of violence acts in general. If we have more murders, then the question to ask is why are Americans more violent in general than people other places.

That's my $.02 on that one. And yes i know you weren't trying to start a thread on this particulr topic.

"Blaming murder on guns is like blaming the spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]