View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: How screwed am I?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Says me. I have spent a good deal of the last 5 years studying federal employment law.

Maybe some employers do do this, not everyone follows the rules. If employers are basing hiring decisions on arrests and indictments, then they are setting themselves for a shitload of trouble down the line.

TONY

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony -

I'm sorry, but this is not true for everything. I know for absolute certainty that the federal government can base security clearance considerations off of whether or not you have been charged. In fact, the questions even ask "Have you ever been charged with a felony?" I realize that it's a special case, as it's the federal govt issuing security clearances, but for most people who need one, that basically will get them fired if they fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, it's not true for everything. I am gerneralzing because this is some financial advisor job. Jobs that require certain levels of security, such as many government jobs are special cases.

(Also, I'm not agreeing with the fact that arrest questioning could be in violation of Civil Rights legislation, just stating that it's how some have viewed it)