View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: EV Gets raided last night....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This was bound to happen. I went once for the Wednesday night tournament. The place had no security, had a bar, and was visible from the sidewalk. By this I mean, I walked out that night, crossed the street, and could see signage, the wait board, and players playing from the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

That has nothing to do with why it was shutdown. It wasn't like cops saw people playing poker from across the street. The same way we find out about cardrooms the cops can just as easily. I'm sure there are cops who play at some of these cardrooms.

I really think they are beginning to shut down a lot of these places because of the money they confiscate, I mean what are they really doing with the money? The thing that seems fishy to me is it isn't illegal for people to play poker but it's illegal for an establishment to profit off people playing poker. With that said the players should be allowed to cash their chips out and what ever is left in the draw is the clubs profit and that's what shouldn't be allowed to be kept. Not allowing the players to cash out their chips is essentially stealing from the players because they are doing nothing illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!!!!

But try telling that to a judge.... Nothing we can do....