View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: $22. I\'m lost. Whats your play?

On the first hand I pop it to around 125 preflop then see what develops on the flop. If the board isn't scary, I'd check. Most villians will bet 2 high cards in this spot, then you can push over the top to maximize FE. If you just bet out, they may think you are stealing and push all in with AK trying to get you out, and you have a tough decision to make. If the flop comes with 2 cards A-Q with multiple callers, I check muck it without a set, and make a continuation bet if only one opponent and one big card, A,K, or Q.

The second hand I push. I think the chip EV is about neutral, but in terms of the tournament situation, it is definitely ++EV. Sometimes you will win the blinds, others get called dominated by a higher pair. These times will cancel out. The other times you are in a coinflip situation. If you win it, you have a powerful stack that can bully the others and steal blinds frequently as it continues. If you fold, you will still have some FE pushing, but you will have to pick your spots very carefully after the blinds hit you in a couple hands.