View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: (Video of me 20 tabling ) Final conclusions and results

[ QUOTE ]

LOL, it's interesting how the must fun time in that game was also my noobies days playing BGH. Was having the time of my life and each fight seemed so epic, getting very skilled was fun too but in a different way. I think these same feelings apply to poker, like I don't enjoy it how I used to.

There's also something ironic about the stages of SC. Real noobies are like "carriers OMG <3", and then 1 step up the players are like, "stfu noob, carriers suck", but then somewhere in that final stage you realize that carriers do have legitamit uses

[/ QUOTE ]

Another legitimate use of carriers was to freak out drugged out floor mates in freshman year. They'd come back all on schrooms and I was playing a late night game against a friend who wanted to play me. So I had gotten bored and was just building carriers, and they all watch the carriers fly across the screen, each intently following them, and then all going "HOLY [censored] WHAT HAPPENED" when the fighters popped out.

And BGH, plz u noob! We made out own 8 player map of Europe. In this particular game I was in Morroco with the rest of North Africa and some of Spain full of expansions pumping out carriers. Absolutely awesome 8 player map as all the different countries you'd start in had distinct advantages and disadvantages and required different strategies, and different expansions let you basically have control of a big piece of the map. (Take the Corsica expansion and no one can expand to Italy, Swiss, Greece, take UK and no one can get to Iceland or Ireland easily.)

The best part of the CARRIERZ NOOB people was their tactics consisted of giant Archon rushes instead. HYDRAS NOOBZ complainers used guardians, it was almost universal. If someone hated one unit they only used one specific other unit. So of course when they saw a single carrier on your side they'd just go after the carriers assuming you had nothing else as you retreated back toward your base, and targeted a Templar attack right in their path.