View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Re: stud/8- Forum tournament hand

Andy makes a very good point about the difference between tournament play and cash games. By raising on third instead of calling, you are committing too much to the hand (look at the antes/bet size relative to your stack).

Now, another interesting point is made by Jon concerning a possible bet on fourth street. Given the play on third, I think this could be the best play. The reason is to represent three baby clubs that just picked up a 4-flush. It's not out of the question that he might fold right there. If he calls fourth and you hit a low card (or a club) on fifth, I guarantee you take it down there, unless he improves to trip kings or something and can't get away from his hand.

After you check fourth, I like raising 5th with the strong draw. I doubt you will get a free card on 6th if you brick, but you might. And at this point he will be clueless if you make a straight to scoop. I think he would just bet sixth after you brick and the hand would be the same, but the point is to get your money in on 5th when you have the best of it.

Good fold on the river. That low pair is obviously no good.

Interesting hand.