View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Some 50/100 hands. mostly boring

ill just go through and take each part of the post where i think youre wrong:

hand 1: "Flop call i think is fine given chance of being ahead + hitting + taking the pot on the turn." wrong. the pot is small. a fold is the correct play. this is a very simple pot/implied odds problem. there are players to act behind you on the flop. pot is too small.

hand 2 what you fail to mention is that once you raise preflop and then bet that flop his raise on the flop is very unlikely to be a move or a bluff or a bully move with a K or something, youve shown strength twice already and the flop is scary and he's still raising you. check-folding the turn is the play. the pot is not big anywhere close to big enough to make a turn c/r correct. please note also that there's no way someone who played a K that way is folding and if he has an A he now has a kicker on board so he's not folding Ax either. your turn c/r has no value here, it's a complete waste of two bbs.

hand 3 is fine. check-folding the turn is fine too, although weak tight, this sort of hand is ultra player dependenet. i think the river value bet is good, but you should check-fold the river if you dont hit the A or 8. bb's hand smells like a pair, maybe small pocket.