View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: What you propose is impossible

if you are saying that if you have a 30 hour a week job then yeah it comes down to friends or poker.... but for some students, they don't have a 30 hr job and poker is their source of income. Hell you don't even have to play 5 hours a day... can just play 3 hours during the after noon or at night. If someone can't balance 3 hours into their day, they just need better organizational skills, IMHO. I have a tuesday/thursday schedule so I have a 4 day weekend built into my schedule... and on tuesdays and thursdays my classes still dont start until 11am. Typically during the weekdays I go to classes (tues/thurs) or hang out with friends, or get other stuff I need done like lifting weights or studying(m/w/f) during the day, usually get in around maybe 11pm, 12.. depends on what we're doing.. sometimes 9pm, who knows. Play poker until I go to sleep around 3-4am... on the weekends typically play a few hours during the day then go out to eat with friends and hang out at their house, go out and drink at night and come back wasted. I'm confused as to how people claim to not have 3-5 hours during a day to spend time on their own with a hobby... theres 24 hours in the day for crying out loud.