View Single Post
Old 02-16-2002, 12:48 PM

Default translation...

You're saying, people will always need to do airplanes (my example). And I'm saying, airplanes have this perpetual tendency to dissolve into seats, and sheets of metal, and smaller and smaller fragments, that don't subsidize your super-people.

Plus, I'm saying that you shouldn't have to have a deal be of the type that requires structuring by people in order to make money. The fact that they are structured by people, and make money, is kind of a semi-coincidence.

The real essence of what makes a deal profitable, is whether you create and apply unique information. You create high-points of information, and of know-how, of knowledge. And I'm saying you could also create these islands using combinations of machines and idiots.

Your profitable structures are profitable, at their core, because they exhibit information-friction characteristics. Everything else is just smoke, mirrors, and ego.

Rather than just homing in on these big complex, like, knots of friction in the economy - and sending a team of my best people to chew up and resolve them in big chunks - I would be a creator of billions of tiny, commoditized knots, out of thin air.

eLROY