Thread: Vegas So Far...
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2002, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Vegas So Far.../my trip report i guess

"Even Mike l. wasn't as bad as I thought."

thanks! i was just happy no one beat me up, although bob morgan kinda leaned on me a little and made it clear id better watch my yap. yikes!

j/k really, bob seems like he'd be an intimidating force at a table and he even sweated a hand of mine and told me i played it perfect which was really encouraging.

"I have a great idea for next year. We get a room twice as big, and let S&M do their thing in the front, with people in chairs just like this year. But the rest of us can do our own thing in the back. I'm thinking free booze, chicken wings, and dancing girls. Maybe even a dancing guy for the Babe. Other suggestions are welcome."

completely agree. this q+a thing was nice but seemed mainly aimed towards newer players who were asking beginner questions that anyone who's read and reread the s+m stuff over and over like us know by heart (although it's always useful to hear again). i celebrated by playing drunk, tilted, and completely fishy hold em for several hours after the q+a. managed to do ok, won about $75. anyway, it'd be really cool to have like a big 2+2 get together/party (in LA maybe?), just a thought.

tommy is the greatest. what a nice guy, every bit as easygoing and wise as his posts. pleasure hanging with you guy. i even managed to withstand one of his button steals. he open raised with the puck and i think he looked at his cards. i called in the bb. i decided against checking in the dark even though i held A5o. the flop had 3 cards, but i dont remember what they were. it didnt matter because my check-raise was as automatic as his bet. i was telling myself it was more a value checkraise than anything, but in retrospect this guy's not messing around, i probably should have just folded (luckily he did muck, although this guy Jack kept bothering him so maybe he wasnt playing his A game). only other hand i remember i had AKo and he had JJ and we met on the river where he took it down. TIGHT player, aggressive player, betting in the dark repeatedly much to the rest of the table's amusement. he even got me starting to do it (an AA hand ill post on medium stakes). i know it'll get me into trouble sometime, but cant wait to start testing it out more and more.

also loved meeting dynasty, clarkmeister, pokerbabe, hdpm, bob morgan, vince, and esp. brett who's comments on how he's been doing this year are truly inspirational to me. plus now i know what he looks like so i can go stand at his table and watch him folding hand after hand. inspirational.

you guys are the best.

one last comment