View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Wild Jack Poker Deception

Okay, it's only $30, but they are screwing me big time. This comes down to definition of raked hands. According to their rules a raked hand is defined as "dealt cards" here is link to their rules: http://www.wildjackpoker.com/gamerules.php

So I used their software, typical Prima site. I check my raked hands every now and then. Eventually I get to 151. I quit and prepare to move on.

I got this email back from them after going back and forth with regard to how many raked hands I have. I say 151. They say 94...

[ QUOTE ]
Dear David,

Following you inquiry as to the raked hands at Wild Jack Poker.

The reason that you see more raked hands on the software is that some hands are raked and others not.

The raked hand amount on the site as you see it, is defined as a player that has received cards and the total rake for the hand played was greater than or equal to 25c. In this instance the player does NOT have to contribute any money to either the pot for a raked the hand. Meanwhile the site shows it as raked hand, while our tracking system does NOT count it, since you did not need to contribute to it.
This explains why there is a difference from what a player sees and what we show.

As it stands currently, we show that you have 94 raked hands.

We surely do hope that this has been able to clarify your inquiry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? This is not cool. After going round and round with a customer service person who has NEVER played online poker I finally got the floor manager. He was able to see the obvious contradiction. We'll have to see what happens next. I will update.