View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: First PLO/8 post

I don't like O8 in any form, and most of the posters here don't seem to either by the few plo8 posts, but I will comment anyway. I would have bet the full pot, since the players in $25 are so often clueless and none will be worried they are being given a discount to call the double nuts as would players at the $100 level. Once you have been called in two places though, you have to realize you are up against a split for low and most likely someone with a lower flush or a set, both of which beat your aces for high. Thus you are most likely being quartered, although your low cannot be counterfeited by the river card which gives you a possible way to win against the other low if a 3 comes. An even ugglier possibility exists in which both other players have A3 for the low and one of them a high in which case you are going to get 1/6th. Thus for every dollar extra you put in this pot, you will only get 33 or 16 cents back. I would check the turn and only consider calling if the utg player folded, although if the player who bet is very tight and I was sure I was being quatered I would probably fold altogether.

Of course the problem in the $25 games is that there are so many idiots and for all you know they both have A5 for low, no flush and maybe 2 pair that could be counterfeited on the river. Still it pays to be much tighter in plo8 than it does in plo high.