View Single Post
Old 10-26-2002, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Two roads diverged in a wood...

the sad thing is to see so many people who are clones of each other pretending like their road is less traveled, completely convinced of their smug 'uniqueness'.

of course, very few people are going to say they are a less than average driver. very many of them would be wrong. if you can't attest to this yourself, trust me then. i drive for a living. i am convinced somebody is watching me and when i get on the road they call up all the idiots and send them out to cut me off and pull the craziest crap you can think of while im on the road.

i was recently in a car accident where a car from the center lane decided when she got to the intersection that she actually wanted to turn right. instead of checking her mirrors and seeing me approaching in the right lane, she just gunned it, giving me almost no reaction time, and causing me to slam right into the side of her vehicle.

the cop on the scene refused to assign fault in the incident, leaving it up to the insurance companies. but he told me the girl said that she was just turning right, and i hit her. the cop said that if that were true, the damage would have been to the rear of her vehicle, not the side.

smart cops. not smart enough to show up before an hour had passed since we called them, though (the station is 3 stoplights away).