View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However it's rare that I see people on 2+2 take into account that their opponent may be completely illogical or insane, as is the case with many MTT opponents that we will face online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Insane or illogical people will hold a range of cards too, it will just be incredibly wide.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but again I think there's a pretty big difference between doing it at the table and doing it when looking at things after the fact. To make an analogy from SNG analysis, there are a lot of times where you will feel ICM analysis of a situation is unnecessary because you don't need it. That doesn't make the analysis wrong or irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I hear you, just something about the way it's gone about here bugs me a bit. Take a look at the play a hand with the masters thing preflop.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...t=all&vc=1

We are trying to put the cutoff on a range?

They could have practically anything!! They are limping in on the cutoff with over 100x the BB. You can't immediately put someone on a range here. What I'm saying is that its just not the most relevant thing to talk about in such a situation. Sometimes it's important, sometimes it's not.

It's also not important because you can usually eliminate like 80-90% of the possible hands after there is some postflop action.

Anyway despite all this I'm sure that I'm putting my opponent on a range by thinking that they could have virtually any 2 cards, and I see that some people gave ranges that were way too tight and thus need work in this department, although almost none of them were corrected.