View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:44 PM

Default What to do with TT OOP?

PL home game. 8 players. $.25/.50 blinds. Preflop max raise is to $3.

Stacks: Hero has ~$45 in MP. Villain (button) has hero covered.

Reads: Villain is a natural LAG but very tricky and able to switch gears. He hasn't shown down a bad hand in over an hour while winning a few pots on real hands shown and a few more on folds.

Preflop: 1 fold. EP limps. Hero raises to $2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 1 fold. Villain (button) reraises to $4.50. SB folds. BB folds. EP folds. Hero calls.

Flop ($10.25): Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets $8. Villain raises to $20. Hero?

Thoughts:

My preflop raise was standard for me and for the table. I am seen as a good solid player. When villain reraised on button, he could have been putting me on a steal because the BB is a weak player. Villain's hand range preflop is probably 88-AA & AT-AK.

I didn't really know what else to do on the flop other than make a serious sized bet and re-evaluate. Villain has position on me and I find it difficult to make him make a mistake in this position. When he raises to $20, I think it is push or fold time because I am pot committed anyway.

Thoughts?