View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Poll: How has the new level 5 affected your ROI?

I think that those players who were previously doing well on the 11s and 22s who are now doing worse need to learn to be more patient.

It defies logic that slowing down the escalation in blinds would hurt the best players. If that's the case, then what you're saying is that a lower stack / blind ratio helps the bad players. Think about that for a second!

In my opinion, patience is the key to the new blinds structure. I pass on potential blinds stealing spots in level 4 with a ~10-12BB stack that other 2+2ers would not be able to pass up. This keeps me out of trouble and I arrive in level 5 with good fighting chances. I have learned to let go of my ego and not feel compelled to steal blinds in the situation that I described above. Not only does this keep me out of trouble, it allows my less skilled opponents to get themselves INTO trouble.

We need to make adjustments to the new structure, but really, I think it's ridiculous on its face that the structure could help the less skilled players.

My ROI on the 11s and 22s was very good before the change, but it has been even better since then. If you're a good player and you're willing to make adjustments to your game, this new structure should be great for your ROI.

Stupidsucker, I know you're a good player, but at a certain point, if you will not make adjustments to the new SNG format, I think you're doing yourself a disservice by just calling your opponents who steal less "bad players". Maybe you are attempting to steal too much? Just a thought... (Not an attempt to insult you whatsoever.)