View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: 10/20 AK preflop

[ QUOTE ]
You dont own 25% of this pot pre flop? The only player you are worrying about is the 16/6 that 3-bet, I feel like the other 2 players could be all over the place. 2 out of the 3 opponents seem to be semi-bad to pretty bad players, I'm not looking for a reason to dump a solid starting hand. What am I missing here?

-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing the PFRs. Just because they're loose, that doesn't mean their raising ranges are out of whack. If a 90/1 raises (assuming the it's the top 1% of hands), you'd have to fold a lot more hands than if a 16/15 raised, even though the 1st player is obviously more of a donk than the 2nd (based purely on preflop numbers).

None of these players have a PFR that is very high at all, and people's 3-betting ranges are less than their raising ranges. Capping ranges get even smaller. If you call 4 cold with AK, you're basically praying that 2 of them have QQ-TT and you spike an A or a K. Then you have to take into account the times where one has AA/KK and you flop a nice TPTK, but are still miles behind.