Thread: AJo in the CO
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: AJo in the CO

[ QUOTE ]
am I the only one that's worried that BB might have a better hand than ours?

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB is a superloose and aggressive player, so her hand range is basically random. You might be able to remove some non-connecting offsuit cards below 9 from her range. This type of player is probably capping most offsuit connectors, any suited cards, any pair, any big cards, and any ace.

[ QUOTE ]
If we don't raise the turn, then obviously we fold it. Personally, I would have folded PF. The way the hand played, I would have folded the turn. There's a good chance that button himself is waiting for the turn to raise, in addition to the fact that we may be badly beaten by crazy BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you aren't raising this anywhere, then fold the flop (I also agree with the pf fold, btw). The point of this play is specifically to push button off a bigger A. We basically know that we're behind against the button's 3-betting range. Given that we called the flop, and button only called the flop, a turn raise is practically mandatory here. If the button was waiting until the turn to raise with overcards, then she will surely fold at this point (the T also acts as a bit of a scare card, especially if OP's stealing range is big). If the button was waiting to raise with an overpair, then we were in trouble anyway, and she'll either 3-bet or CC the turn, and you won't be putting any more bets into the pot.

Remeber the reads: BB is maniac and button is weaktight. Raising is the right play here. The question is whether it's better on the flop or turn.