View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Let Me Paraphrase President Bush\'s speech tonight:

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Devault,

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Stoo Pidahhsoo,

[ QUOTE ]
911 wasn't mentioned in the CNN article. Was it mentioned at all in the speech? If it was a major point I'm sure it would have been mentioned multiple times.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact, yes -- a majority of the first half the speech (the 'Campaign of Murder' section of the CNN transcript) was another in the long line of Bush administration attempts to link together domestic terrorism/Sept. 11 and Iraq in the minds of Americans; a claim that is as of now completely devoid of compelling evidence -- but a claim that many polls have demonstrated resonates as true in the minds of many Americans; again, despite the lack of compelling evidence, and due in no small part to Bush administration efforts like this to purposefully suggest, even if not overtly so, that Iraq and 9/11 were somehow related.

[ QUOTE ]
Devault, I bet if you reviewed the transcript of the speech, you would be pretty embarrassed about the summary you provided for us here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea how proud of it I am -- the fact that you find it such an inaccurate and unfair summary only further convinces me that I've done well.

At first, the summary I provided was merely my attempt to be rather satirical; but now that I've had a chance to review the transcript, I don't think I was that far off the mark.

Thanks for the eye opener.