View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Not much value in a value bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is terrible and I'm surprised no one has said so. Your opponent has you beat VERY rarely here, bet and print $10. Also, unless your game is very loose this preflop limp is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of hand are you putting the TAG on here besides a draw or a hand that beats mine? Do you think he's just calling down with something like A5s or Qx? That would make him a calling station, not a TAG. Any of those hands would have raised the flop if they thought they could beat mine. The turn and the river didn't make him any hands that had any business calling the flop (except 76s), so what else could he have besides a draw or a monster waiting to raise the river? Betting the river accomplishes nothing besides making him fold his busted draw or getting raised by a better hand IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are assuming way too much about your opponent. This is Party right? How much of a read do you have on this guy? Even with some players that I might think are TAGs, they will pay me off on this river with Q/lower kicker or even mid pair.

If this guy is such a solid player what the hell is he calling you with? A backdoor flush draw? Stop focking around and bet this river.