Thread: Losing weight.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Losing weight.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Daryn,
I don't know how experienced you are with weight lifting, but here's a great routine for beginners and experienced lifters alike. This focuses on core, multi-joint excercises that will really help with what you want.
It's a 3 day a week routine:

Day 1: Push
Incline DB Bench 3 sets x10
Flat DB Bench 3 x 6
Standing Overhead Press (seated if lower back is not very strong yet) 3 x 10
Close Grip Dips 3 x 10

Day 3: Legs
Squat 4 x 10
Glute Ham Raise 4 x 10
Standing Calve Raise 4 x 10

Day 5: Pull
Deadlift 3 x 10
Wide Grip Chins 3 x 10
BB Rows 3 x 10
BB Curls 3 X 10

On off days you can rest or do cardio, the key is not to over do it though. If you are looking to add muscle, try eating 6-7 small, high protein meals a day. If you are looking to add more lean muscle mass, or get more definition, increase the number of reps you do here to around 12-15, and make sure you're not eating anything after about 7pm (this alone with make you loose a great deal of weight).

It's very important to make sure you are doing these excersises correctly, if you're not, they're pretty much useless and you can end up hurting yourself. There's a couple good sites out there that give diagrams of perfect form for all these excercises, PM if you are interested or have any questions.
Malone

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure this is good advice, but i am totally foreign to lifting weights seriously, so i have no idea what much of it means [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

also, i'm not reallly looking to gain muscle, i'm looking to lose fat