View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: 6 players enough for a tourney? (Quick response needed please)

[ QUOTE ]
It went ok. One guy (who's been playing on Party too much lately) was out in the first set of blinds. The entire tourney lasted 3 hours and everyone had a good time (which is the important thing). Predictably, they all left right after.

My only remark on the structure was that it felt like we could have used a few more levels of blinds (I used the standard blind structure on homepokertourney.com). Things seemed to get kind of crazy towards the end, although that may have just been my perception as I was short-stacked for a long time. Since there was only %60 of the money in play as at a 10 person tourney I think it would have made sense to either start with larger stacks or make the blinds increase more gradually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I hear ya. I have never personally used homepokertourney.com's blind structure. I'd take their numbers (or anyone else's) as a rough guide.

We mainly play ring games, but we've been doing the occasional tournament for about three years now. We've done everything from limit razz to NL hold 'em. I learn something new every tournament, and adjust the structure for the next one accordingly. The longer you host, the better you'll know what works for your game and your players, whether you have six or sixty.

I'm glad everyone had a good time. That is the most important thing.