View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Anything wrong with this?

[ QUOTE ]
Then I check raise and he will fold most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking more about this hand and I think the check-raise is good if done say 1/3 of the time. The value here is mostly to prevent opponents from automatically stealing from me when I check the turn.

As you say most of the time he will fold and you win a small pot. This is all I'm hoping to win with TP2K out of position so I'm happy for him to fold.

The trouble comes when he calls the checkraise. This tells me that I'm beat and I think I should be done with the hand.

I earlier suggested check-calling a resonable bet on the river but the more I think about it the worse that sounds. I do that but think it is probably a leak in my game because they never show me anything I can beat (except a pure bluff and this board doesn't suggest he would be bluffing since we're pretty sure he got a piece of the flop).

If the opponent has a bad ace, middle pair, or a pocket pair (the only hands I can beat) I would expect him to check behind on the river. If the flop had draws on it that missed I might have to call the river because of the increased liklihood that he's bluffing a missed draw.

Now I'm thinking check-fold the river against most opponents.

Ultimately the problem is that your hand has no deception and you're out of position. Very dangerous situation.

Too weak?