View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: RESULTS.

[ QUOTE ]
it's either bet/fold or check/fold. assuming villain caps preflop with AK, it's far more likely that he has that than a AKs or AKo. if he has JJ or TT, or they're out there, any combination of betting/calling at this point may force them out. but really, the point is to prevent AK from drawing for free. if you're raised, easy fold. if you're called, easy check on the river (and the only person that should reasonably have a Q after it's checked to you on the turn is, perhaps, UTG). it's a big pot, do everything you can to win it. here, that means not offering infinite odds on the turn to hands with outs against you. on the flop, with two cards to come and offering odds for everyone to call you with anything, there's no point.

i had originally been ok with the turn check, and i'm willing to hear argument that it's preferable, but the more i've analyzed this hand, the more clear it becomes that a turn bet is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

your last paragraph should stand as a monument. so many times threads get started and perpetuated as a "who's right and who's wrong pissing contest. I, for one, read posts and get a quick gut reaction on how to play, many times using a stream of consciousness type approach. It puts me to the test as to whether my gut and reading ability stands up when at the tables in real time. To be forced to confront your gut reaction with scientific scrutiny is quite instructive. We must be able to realize better plays when confronted with the logic of same. Thank you.