View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Playing Poker With Your Friends

I play a home game tourney ($20) with friends maybe 1 - 2 times a month. A couple of them play AC with about the same regularity as me, so I know they take it seriously. About half are playing for "fun" and their girlfriends and the like. (We actually call one guy "Dead Money" to his face.)

I go to win. I treat them like AC Satellites ... I roll the winnings the next weekend at a B&M. When I lose there I get pissed at my game, not them. When I win I feel bad, but not until the drive home. And then only for a minute.

That said, I'm playing a tourney tomorrow with a friend from work. He's a cash game regular (plays the Borg at least weekly). We aren't arriving together, so hopefully we won't sit together (at least to start). But if we do, he's just another faceless opponent who's chips I intend to take away.

I'd have bet the turn and the river against my friend. If he doesn't want to lose to me he shouldn't sit with me. That said, I wouldn't let my fish buddies sit with me to avoid that very scenario.