View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Prolonged Cold Decked And Losing Sessions? (Much Content, Not Whin

This happens to me as well. Last time I played 4/8 at the Horseshoe in Tunica I took down a $100 pot with AA on my first hand at the table... I then proceeded to go 5 hours without winning a single hand. It was driving me nuts.... I could NOT win a hand to save my ass. I was getting average to above average cards, but just missing the flops horribly. If I got JJ, the flop came AAK and saw a ton of action. If I got AK the flop was 678 or something. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I moved over to the Gold Strike and stepped down to 3/6 to slow the bleeding. I then just decided to have a good time with it and began offering every dealer a "deal" for thier down. If they could push me 3 winning pots during their 30 minute down, then the third pot was theirs. It got the table laughing and actually got people cheering me on and such... loosened up the table a good bit and provided some nice action. I eventually hit it and pushed a modest 30 pot right back to the dealer. The vibe at the table continued to be great and I won back about half of what I had lost.

This past weekend I was at Goldstrike again and started off a 20 hour session by dumping a rack on the 3/6 table. My play was fairly solid, but I was getting sucked out by these two younger guys at the end of the table. I played solid, raising while I was ahead and folding when I got behind, but these kids were chasing any draw. To me, that's a great table... so I couldn't bring myself to get up. THEN I had "drunk old regular"™ drop down in the seat to my left. Not only was this guy obnoxious (cracking jokes then patting you on the back like you're his buddy as he laughs) but he would straddle my BB EVERY SINGLE TIME.... In addition, if I called he'd raise it to $9. AFter over an hour of this I just got up and left , stuck a rack.

I ended up sitting back down after some dinner and it was a whole different game. There weren't any ATM draw-chasers, but the cards started coming and the table was just soft enough to allow me to get my rack back plus another one and a half on top of that.

I guess I'm just trying to say:
1) It happens to most everyone and
2) It eventually turns around.