Thread: KK hand
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: KK hand

Your stack was about 12-13BB at that point, right? I think you should've done everything possible to make sure all the chips get in the middle. Granted, it turned out rather bad, but I don't think anyone is blaming you for going broke with that hand, just the way you played it on the flop... although I can see the reasoning in your WA/WB assumption. Hmmmm...

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop, I was concered the small raise looked like a big pair. Maybe I should have raised to 4xBB rather than 3xBB. Pushing might not be terrible, as it might look like a steal, and the pot is reasonably big, so it is not terrible if I am not called. I usually don't like small "please call me" raises with big pairs, and I think I may not play that way so much in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

... that part I disagree with. Like I said, you're way too short-stacked, and if you get to the final table that way you pretty much have no chance anyway! . This is one of those hands I would've been content to double up or get out. It just happened to be the latter in this case, but I definitely wouldn't have "walked away" from this hand with any chips left.

Kirk