View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: AQo - Flop multicolour

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see some value in raising here but more value in folding. To raise, I would need a pretty nice read on the bettor, I would need to know that he would either fold a piece of the board, or would bet wildly with a hand that I beat. Furthermore, I would need to be pretty sure that the rest of the field is tight enough to fold to 2 cold. This is a lot of information that is hard to come by.

I think people like the raise here because it isolates the bettor. Keep in mind that this will only be useful if the bettor is betting a weaker hand. Otherwise, you are spewing heads up rather than multiway, and there really isn't much of a difference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a rather large pot and rather ragged flop to be folding don't you think?

It might be better to call, I just like a raise in this situation, but I cannot see the value in folding to an unknown in this pot.

That guy could be betting a whole slew of hands in this spot, and with no read that only increases the number of possible hands and would certainly keep me in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. We are geting 8:1 and if we have 6 good outs, and I doubt we do. Therefore, in the best case scenario, in which no one raises behind us, a call is marginally correct here. This pot is by no means huge, anyway.