View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Guess what happens when Empire and Euro decide to pull a \"Party\"

Here's why I'm reluctant to get my player base going through affiliateev or other similar "proxy" affiliate programs, and why I think others should pass as well -- a few extra % points isn't worth the following risk, I don't think.

What's going to happen when Empire and/or Euro decides to take Party's approach and essentially prevent RB by lumping all players MGRs together in their reports, making it impossible for the affiliate to see who's generating what.

Look what happened with PSO when Party did that -- they had thousands of Party customers, and while they might have issued a token "gee, we're really sorry, but our hands our tied" email, you better believe they were celebrating like there was no tomorrow. Why? Well, because they now got to keep the entire 30 - 35% instead of only the 5 - 10% they used to keep after paying their players. Hell, they just tripled their revenue.

So what's going to happen (and I encourage affiliateev and others to chime in) if Empire/Euro go the same route and make it impossible for them to break everyone's MGR out individually. I'd much rather start things on my own with a lower starting % then take that pretty substantial risk that some time soon I'll lose my entire player revenue stream because technically the players will be under the larger affiliate's account, and not mine.