View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Question about probabilities

Thanks for the great responses !

As to stack sizes, I started the hand with almost exactly $900. SB had about $200, BB had probably $500 before his $200 bet. Not to string it out, this post was instigated by the fact that I was chastised for not folding, and I was curious to know the truth.

As it turned out, I just called the bet. SB said, "He must have AQ of dimaonds", I said I did, and ask the dealer if I could show it. I know I'm loosing my odds with this act, but this table is so messed up I didn't want anybody catching anything crazy on me. I know its wrong to play semi-broke but the $900 meant alot to me on this particular night.

Anyway, I turned up my hand and all the remaining players (after way too long deliberating) folded so it was just me and the $200 guy. The turn was an Ace, yea. The river a 4, giving him a boat. I agree with whats been said so far that I actually probably should have gone all in, but I just wanted to make sure I was right about at least playing with the odds. I was thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 45%, so I feel a little better about that.

Again, thanks alot for the knowledge
Kang