View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Baltimore MD Cardroom Busted

LINK TO STORY

This was a very on-the-level and honest place. According to players that were there, the police were not kidding around: dogs, screaming, guns drawn, etc. Wih all the problems that Baltimore City faces, isn't it sick that the suits, (not the cops, who probably don't give a damn) get to pretend like they are making some progress by busting a bunch of retired old guys? Unlike in New York, it IS illegal to even play poker, and now 100 people are facing a year in jail. If you want to help please write to these people:

Sheila Pratt Dixon's (City Council President) Chief of Staff

btripps@baltimorecitycouncil.com

For the gov, you gotta go here: http://www.gov.state.md.us/mail/

Mayor of Baltimore:

mayor@baltimorecity.gov

President of MD General Assembly:

Thomas_V_Mike_Miller@senate.state.md.us

Say whatever you want, but you could copy and paste this if you want:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am disturbed to hear about the recent criminal investigation of certain members of your community for playing poker. Poker is a game of skill that encourages camaraderie and fair social interaction and is far better for society than any sort of organized gambling, including horse racing and playing the lottery! Don’t the police in our district have better and more serious things to do than disturb your constituents having some utterly harmless fun? They are wasting time and our tax dollars. I and my friends will continue to demand that the laws of this state be changed to reflect the modern and up-to-date attitude adopted by California, Florida, and other forward-thinking legislatures: LEGALIZE POKER NOW!
Thank you for your consideration,

Yournamehere.