View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: European Poker Tour - Monaco - First major event....

Do you play home games or have friends that play poker? If so, play with them either in home games or at a B&M and ask them to focus on your possible tells. When reading Caro, be sure to think about these things, not only in terms of the other players, but whether or not you might be doing those things. When you're up against other players, if you believe the player to be good and observant, give off false tells if you think he believes you to be a weak player.
As far as tournament strategy goes, Harrington and Super System (NL sections are the same in 1 and 2). I would also suggest "The Psychology of Poker" if you have a chance. It's always best to play the player. What does he think of you? If you believe you're hand is far superior, but he thinks you're weak and will try to run you over, let him try. He thinks your hand is strong, take advantage of it.
In the beginning, it's a game of trapping. Later, as blinds increase, you may have to be a bit more daring. GL, if one piece of my advice helps, I'll accept a small present as a token of appreciation. Also, check with others who have more experience playing European players. I hear they can be difficult to bluff. Don't be a donkey.
How did you win this?