View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: JTo, how and when do you play it? (semi-stats)

JTo is a miserable open raising hand from EP. the only people who will call your raise ususally have you outkicked. I fold it in EP and MP. From CO, if the blinds are tightish... i'll open raise it only because i have fold equity (not for high card strength). From the button, i'll over-limp after 2-3 players have limped or open-raise.

a quote from Nick Eisel's poker pages articles:

[ QUOTE ]
These last three hands (QJ, QT, JT) aren't really playable in the offsuit variety unless you're in one of the two blinds or the guy in the big blind is exceptionally tight and you think a raise will steal his blind most of the time. You also do this with the understanding that if he does play, you have to be very careful and able to fold a pair after the flop if he plays back at you since you will usually be out kicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

take a look at the win rates for these hands. this stats are for all game levels. the stats are skewed towards the higher volume of micro-limit games, where more people see a flop. so, the winrates with a hands like JTo, which does better with more players per flop, will be significantly lower in a tighter game. so, if you can't make money with that hand in general (the numbers below), you are even less likely to be making money with it in an agressive 10/20 game:

http://www.pokerroom.com/games/evsta....php?players=6