View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Evidence AGAINST Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe the Bible to be 100% true, word for word.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
We've been through this in other threads. Those are easily explainable when placed in the proper context.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be grateful if you could explain the following by 'placing them in the proper context':

The number of beasts in the ark?
Gen 7:2 “Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.”

Gen 7:8 “Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, Gen 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.”

How many languages?
Gen 10:5, 20 & 31 There were many languages before the Tower of Babel.
Gen 11:1 There was one language before the Tower of Babel.

Not too good at Math?
Gen 1:26 Terah was 70 years old when his son Abram was born.
Gen 11:32 Terah was 205 years old when he died (making Abram 135).
Gen 12:4 & Act 7:4 Abram was 75 when he left Haran, which was after his father died. 75!=135

David is which son?
1 Sam 16:10 and 11 David is the eighth son of Jesse.
1 Chr 2:13-15 David is the seventh son of Jesse.

God is forgetful?
Gen 15:9 & Exd 20:24 & 29:10-42 & Lev 1:1-7, 38 & Num 28:1-29, 40 God details sacrificial offerings.
Jer 7:21-22 God denies detailing sacrificial offerings.

Who is the Father-In-Law of Moses?
Exo 3:1 Jethro was the Father-In-Law of Moses.
Num 10:29 & Jud 4:11 Hobab was the Father-In-Law of Moses.

Who is the father of Joseph?
Mat 1:16 "And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ."
Luk 3:23 "And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli."

Judas died how?
Mat 27:5 "And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself."
Acts 1:18 "And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out."

Jesus is confused?
John 5:31 Jesus says, "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true."
John 8:18 Jesus says, "I am he that beareth witness of myself."

What was the colour of the robe placed on Jesus during his trial?
Mat 27:28 Scarlet
John 19:2 Purple

What did they give him to drink?
Mat 27:34 Vinegar
Mark 15:23 Wine with myrrh

What was written on the sign on the cross?
Mark 15:26 "And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS."
Mat 27:37 "And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS."
Luke 23:38 "And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS."
John 19:19 "And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS."

What were Jesus' last words?
Mat 27:46,50 "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."
Luke 23:46 "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."
John 19:30 "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm leaving town shortly and don't have the time to answer each one of these individually. However, you can find the answers to all these and more at http://www.tektonics.org/

Use the "Apolgetics Encyclopedia" at the top left.