View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Play a Hand Against the Masters

I've decided to start a new thread inspired by Lloyd’s excellent “Play a Hand with the Masters” series in MTT.

The hand will be HU. I may take it from a real hand or simply make it up.

A panel will play the hand, decision point by decision point. I will divide the panel into HU matches, half playing the SB, half playing the BB.

I will PM each player his or her cards and the action to him or her. Each player will PM me his or her action and an explanation for that action.

Each player will have access only to that information he or she would have had if he or she were playing the hand in a real HU match. No player will know the other player’s hole cards, any cards on the table before they fall, or the action in any other HU match. No player will even know his or her opponent’s identity while playing the hand.

After the panel plays the hand, I will select one HU match that looks interesting, which I will post in stages – preflop, flop, turn, river. At the end, I will post the action in and results of each match plus the explanation that each player gave for his or her action.

The multiple matches hopefully will spark an interesting debate about alternative lines to play the same hand.

Please let me know if you would like to participate on the panel. I reserve the right to make absolutely arbitrary picks.

The Shadow