Thread: QQ scared of AA
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: QQ scared of AA

[ QUOTE ]
here are some hands i might play as villain did that you're ahead (except that i would've made a real 3-bet preflop):

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd really reraise with A9s out of position? I guess it's not impossible, but unless you know the button is stealing with trash, it's probably -EV. I agree a heart draw is one possible hand I was ahead of, but probably half of those hands also have a king.

Also, the fact that it was a min raise and not a real raise does play some role in putting him on a hand. A real raise says, "You're just stealing, give me the pot now." A min raise says, "It's not that much more, go ahead and call."

[ QUOTE ]
you think he wouldn't play back against a button raise with TT/JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's certainly possible preflop, and that's consistent with his flop call and turn check, but my line (bet preflop, bet the flop, check the turn) is classic unpaired overcards. Surely TT/JJ would think on the river what I was thinking, right? "If I wasn't behind him before, I am now. There aren't many hands that I beat that would play that way," and would check/fold.