View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Did Arnie Really Deserve This?

[ QUOTE ]

I think you overestimate your similairities and underestimate your differences. Most of the world has wildly different opinions on matters of marraige, free speech, family, women, religion, etc. Life and culture in India is much more different from Europe then life and culture in America. Even a developed country like Japan is different.

If your born in America or Europe, your life will be relatively the same. You can choose whether or not to obey your parents. You choose your spouse or none at all. You aren't discriminated against in government or the workplace based on race or religion. You can say what you want, express what you want. You can open your own business. Etc.

A lot of these things you can't do in other countries. Your marraige is arranged, your family chooses your career, you can't open a business, your divided along racial and religous lines, you don't have free speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

Life is very different, but the philosophy on life/ interhuman relations etc. is fascinatingly similar.

[ QUOTE ]

I think Europeans exagerate tiny differences just so they can feel more unique. Because, at the end of the day, they are really tiny when you think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, honestly. It comes from a deep desire to create a better world and from a deep fear about the sentiments in the US.