View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 05:59 PM

Default playing 2 queens in the sb against an aggressive player

Game is 500 Live NL, blinds are 5-10.

I'm sitting in the sb with 2 queens.

A very aggressive player in MP opens the pot for 45.

I've been playing with this guy for a couple hours and hes capable of opening the pot with almost anything, ive seen him open for this amount with 45s, A9o and once he showed down J2o. He often makes continuation bets after the flop between half the pot to the pot. He plays VERY well on the later streets as well.

Up til now, I've been playing very tight, and have always had the goods when I got to the showdown. Hes got me covered with about 3k to my 2500.

everyone folds to me and i call, the BB folds.

The flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] of different suits, I check and he bets 100. I raise it to 250. He thinks for a bit, and with a goofy smile he calls the extra 150. At this point, I have no idea where I'm at. The turn card comes the King [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I don't know if this has hit him, so I do what I do when in doubt, make a BIG bet. I lead out for 600 and he pops it to 1200. WTF do I do now?

This guy doesnt mess around in big pots like this, and he knows that I know this.