View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Hero has TT in BB in his very first 5/10 session

[ QUOTE ]

But if that's our plan, Isn't a check/call better than a bet/fold because it gives us a chance to hit our outs (not to mention a small possibility of a free showdown)? In both cases we are only putting in 1 bet.

I don't think you have very much fold equity with a turn bet, because I think we're behind to so many possible combinations of hands that won't fold, and I don't even think JJ will fold very often at all either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this was what was going through my head. 1 bet either way, a chance for a free showdown or sucking out plus I doubt he bets a worse hand one more time on that board. But I didn't have any good reads on him so I think my line might be better saved for someone I'm sure is tricky and aggressive pre or plays weak-tight when overcards fall.

Edit: Ok, maybe not against a weak tightie since that would be a good opportunity to bet but against an over aggro trickster/bluffer or... someone else not specified. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'll just mention the results that weren't so interesting really. I rivered a J, check-raised and he folded so I still have no idea what he had.