View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: continuing 300 Bb thread

[ QUOTE ]

there are so many easy games and places to play that winning an average of 4 or more times out of five should be easy. with loses smaller than wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to maximize my earn per hour. Right now for me, that is by playing 2-4 50/100 or 100/200 games. I table select pretty well but even then there is NO way even you would win 80% of your sessions unless you were to consciously play to try to obtain that. Honestly your statement is laughable to me and will be laughable to anyone who plays in the Stars 100/200 or Crytpo 100/200 or higher or UB 80/160.

[ QUOTE ]
why would online lead you to have bigger downswings than live. it will have smaller ones as you are much more able to pick your spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh ugh ugh, online is MUCH more aggressive than live. I've played plenty live and plenty online, there is no way I will ever ever ever go through a larger downswing live than I have online unless the way how people play live changes dramatically. The variance comes from the aggression, which also results in higher win rates though some sickening swings along the way.

Please Ray, get yourself a cable modem out there in Montana and try some online poker, you really are off the mark on this.

As I type this post,
Boutros: posts small blind $50
d0000d: posts big blind $100
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to d0000d [Ad Ah]
Meeroo: folds
Glava: raises $200
rosser: calls $200
Devman: calls $200
Boutros: raises $250
d0000d: raises $300
Glava: calls $200
rosser: calls $200
Devman: calls $200
Boutros: calls $100
----- FLOP ----- [2c 6s 6h]
Boutros: checks
d0000d: bets $100
rosser: folds
Devman: folds
Boutros: folds
d0000d: raises $200
d0000d: calls $100
----- TURN ----- [2c 6s 6h][7h]
d0000d: checks
Glava: bets $200
d0000d: raises $400
Glava: raises $400
d0000d: calls $200
----- RIVER ----- [2c 6s 6h 7h][Tc]
d0000d: checks
Glava: bets $200
d0000d: calls $200
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Glava: shows [7s 7d] (A Full House, Sevens full of Sixes)

This kind of stuff happens all the time online and just doesn't happen live (not the getting two outed part, but the amount of aggression people are usually willing to put in). Sure, you can win more online, but you get killed for some long losing streaks and there's jack shyte you can do about it besides sigh and keep playing.

I feel like I must somehow be off the mark in questioning a poker dignitary such as yourself, and I'm probably coming off youthful and cocky and arrogant and abrasive, but I'm definitely willing to question authority and risk looking like an ass in my effort to amass all the knowledge I can from you and others. Again, I mean you no disrespect, but I do strongly feel like you're off the mark regarding online poker and swings.

Thanks.