View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Obsessive-compulsive walking patterns / cracks / lines / etc.

In a weird way this thread is kind of comforting, I wonder if this OCD is more prevalent in poker players. I do so much of this stuff it's crazy, from the avoiding cracks on sidewalks to the clacking my teeth each time I pass a light pole when I'm in a car. Similar to what others did, sometimes when I'm in a car i'll extend horizontal lines that pass through two close light poles and clench my teeth when my car is fitting right between them. If I still have my teeth clenched while I pass the light pole then I lose.

Another quirky thing I do is I'll say the letters in sentences in multiples of four and hope that the last letter of the sentence ends in a multiple of 4. So if I see the phrase "makes your teeth whiter" on TV I'll get quirky because as I say them four at a time (spaces count as letters) I still have two letters left. I move my fingers along with this as if I'm typing it out. I get restless if the phrase doesn't end in the multiple of four or three or whatever so I'll add punctuation which count as extraneous letters to make the letters "fit"