View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 06:01 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Sony CDs Rootkit Your Systems (Bad news)

one part of sony is bound to have absolutely no idea what other parts of sony are doing, so having everybody top to bottom know about the issue is infact a largely notable event. if the goal is for them to solve this problem and avoid it in the future, i believe the work is well underway, and that is enough for me. i don't feel compelled to 'punish them' at a potentially signifigant cost to my choices as a consumer when individually it won't make a difference, and in aggregate it would collapse as we know a giant company that's already got stock trading around 1997 levels.

i've got people telling me that i'm criticizing the exercise of consumer freedoms when it's plainly obvious that i'm not. do you realize how infuriating it is when people "educate" you by telling you something you literally just proved to them? and we're talking about stuff where i would have to be the biggest moron on earth to disagree with it. yeah, buddy, i'm totally against rights.

also, the part where you're claiming i implied he shouldn't have raised the subject is totally out of context. i said it to illustrate that sony is aware of the problem, not that everybody else was. lots of people don't read news.